Sunday, June 19, 2011

Life is Good

I find going on vacation is always so wonderful. I get to reconnect with my family, & kids, and this vacation was no disappointment!! A week at Hilton Head with my family topped off my June like nothing else!
One of the best parts was going down to the beach the first night. We came across a Sea Turtle, A loggerhead. She was crawling up to the dunes to lay her eggs, and it was amazing. My son said he felt like he saw a dinosaur! She looked like she weighed about 150-200 pounds. I've never seen anything like it.

We also had the chance to see a horseshoe crab and a plethora of starfish in the wild. And finally after all these years, we spotted our first alligator at Hilton head. It was a banner year for spotting wildlife.
As wonderful as the entire vacation was, sleeping for 12 hours in my own bed last night was the best.

As for knitting, I finished a started and finished a dish towel the final in my series of 3. This makes 710 yards completed for The Knit Girllls Stash Dash.


I also finished the first sleeve on my fylingdales sweater. (Sorry No sleeve picture yet)

No comments: